Monday, April 6, 2009

Rolling Out The Red Carpet

Ever since creating my first blog page yesterday, I can’t seem to quit thinking about my opening blog. What should it be about? You know, its one of those things that when you have thoughts about doing something, they come at you from every angle, but when you go to do it, it’s like you draw a complete blank. That is where I am at so far. I was telling a good friend of mine; it’s almost like opening night for the opera or another type of grand performance that you hope will play for a long time to come. I feel like I have to pull off an outstanding performance just to get you hooked and coming back for more.









I have been thinking. Will I blog everyday? Do I have enough time or material to blog everyday? Yes, I do follow a few individual’s blogs and each has a life of its own, but what will mine be like? I decided to look up the word blog on the Internet to see just exactly what it means. I like this definition and feel like this is how mine will probably be best described:

Personal blogs

The personal blog, an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual, is the traditional, most common blog. Personal bloggers usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read by anyone but them. Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life or works of art. Blogging can have a sentimental quality. Few personal blogs rise to fame and the mainstream, but some personal blogs quickly garner an extensive following.

I will tell you, I learned one valuable thing in college, well, many others, but for this point, I learned that is just easiest to give credit where credit is due if you have borrowed something. Yeah, I am fully aware of the word, plagiarism. The above definition came from Wikipedia, so check it out for yourself if you would like. My Business Communication teacher would be proud.

Will my blog rise to fame and mainstream, or garner an extensive following? I guess only time will tell. Is that what I am expecting or would like to happen? I’m not sure. After all, shouldn’t you be careful for what you wish for? Maybe it’s that I will like the attention, and then again, maybe it’s just I feel like I have a lot to say.

There will be many trials and tribulations with this ongoing project and I am sure there are many of you that will just read and keep quiet, while others will have comments, advice, or even some strong opinions about things I write. I have tried my best to prepare myself for that. I also realize that people from every part of my life might come across my page. Family, friends, co-workers, strangers and even haters. Maybe I should warn the parents? I think I am ready for all of that. If not, well, I can always end the show just as quickly as it began.

So, did my opening performance earn a standing ovation? Only time will tell…


5 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you did all of this yourself!

    Anxious to read what your warped little mind has in store for us!

    Do I need to stand? Or clap? Or stand and clap? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you swipe that image, too? ; )

    Welcome to the blog world! You know I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo!! I'm thinking mainstream status in two months. Tops. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew you had that many words in you, Glenn. I'm already impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only question now is, why are you not working at 3 o clock on a Monday afternoon. The same reason that I am reading it on a Tuesday Morning.... Good start...I see college did you some good. I am sure Mom and Dad are thrilled.

    ReplyDelete