Thursday, October 22, 2009

Guess who's back?

Guess who’s back, back again, Glenn is back, tell a friend.

Yup, I have decided to come back to the blog. After my first series of blogs, it became a bit overwhelming thinking that I could, or should blog every single day. After all, I am no inspiring writer and this is supposed to be something I want to do, not something I have to do. So, I am back. With my own new set of rules to play by. When the mood or idea strikes me I will write, but until then, you will just have to read something else if you need entertained.

Today I received a package in the mail. Yes, I was expecting the package, but not everything that came with it. Upon opening the package it was filled with bubble wrap, a smaller box with a cute red ribbon and a card under the ribbon. Inside that box were several small sandwich bags that were perfectly proportioned of my favorite homemade cookies. Lying in the bottom of the original box, I found a book and inside the cover it was personally signed by the author to my attention. The title of the book is, “Cooked in LA” and for some reason I can’t wait to read it. Maybe I’ll enjoy it with some homemade cookies and milk?

The packaged reminded me today that life is all about the little things. In this day & age of technology, it’s easy to get pulled in a million different directions while moving at the speed of light. It’s the thoughts, the packaging, the gestures, the gifts, the smiles, the kinds words, but most of all your actions that all add up to something bigger. Tonight, I will embrace the moment, relax and stop to smell the flowers. No, I will not start the book tonight, because I have other plans, but soon, real soon.













Thank you for such a great gift that reminded me to slow down and enjoy the little things.

1 comment: